RE: [MUSEUM-L] Movie nights
Jay,

Yes, you still need to get permission.

What is a Movie Copyright Compliant Public Performance Site License?
A Public Performance Site License is a site-based license that allows entertainment films that are produced for "Home Use Only" to be exhibited in a public setting.
Movie Licensing USA (www.movlic.com)

These distributors are all able to provide site licenses...

Swank - http://www.swank.com/
First Run Features - http://www.firstrunfeatures.com/
Big Film Shorts - http://www.bigfilmshorts.com/
Desert