Hello List!

I am a Museum Studies graduate student working on my thesis project, an interpretive plan for an 1820s house in Milford, NY.   I am wondering if there are any good sources for information on housekeeping and cleaning during this time period.  The house is devoid of any plexi-glass barriers or velvet ropes, and the goal is to create as an immersive environment as possible, so I'm interested in finding sources that deal with hygiene, house cleaning, the nitty-gritty, etc.   I already have several genre paintings that are being used as a source, but I'd like something text based if possible to include in the reader/workbook for interpreters.   I realize that this time period is a bit tricky to research, but any ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much

~Anna Huntley

--
Anna Hope Huntley