I just though I would add my two-cents about this as well. The Fort Morgan Museum is a small museum (3 full-time staff members) in small town (about 11,000 people) and I've been with the museum for about three years, and have had great success with my cemetery programs. I do one that focuses on the movers and shakers and other notables buried in our cemetery and then one called Murder, Mayhem, and Scandal, which delves into the more gruesome side of the cemetery. Both have been quite successful - I've done them with grade schoolers, high schoolers as well as adults and mixed families. I think cemetery tours as well as most tours give the public a sense of ownership about their community. And people are also interested in death and the more gruesome or sensational aspects of life and death.

The tours have also been wonderful for me - a newbie in the community. I have learned more about the community from my cemetery research than from other research that I have done.

Sarah Woodman

Education Coordinator
Fort Morgan Museum
P.O Box 184