MPMA SESSION PROPOSAL Deadline has changed
Check out MPMA’s web:  www.mpma.net   for a proposal form.
Ok, ok – we’ve heard you, so we extended the deadline for submitting session
proposals to January 5, 2007.
We have received a lot of proposals already, but for those of you caught by
the rush of the holidays, you’ll now have extra time.
The Leading Edge:  Fargo
Technology, Leadership and Heritage Preservation
Fargo, North Dakota
September 10 – September 14, 2007

Since the conference is close to the borders of Canada and Minnesota, we hope
our northern colleagues in those areas will send in a proposal.  For those
who are located more to the south, the conference will be your chance to check
out the northern most territory of the US as well as Canada.  Winnipeg is only
3 hours north of Fargo.  And the museums there are REALLY good.

Check MPMA’s website for suggestions on topics and guidelines for a
successful session / workshop.

Have a great topic but no panelists?  Not sure about your topic? Respond to
this email,
 and we’ll help you.

Anyone may submit.  If you have never done so, YOU SHOULD.  Presenters get
their name out to the field and quickly become recognized for their expertise
and as leaders in the field.  It is also a good way to engage in professional
development, becoming more involved with folks as the regional museum level as
well as sharing knowledge, perspectives and unique experiences with colleagues.

Look at the web site for topic suggestions –categories of topics and a
boatload of session topics are provided.  The guidelines provide suggestions for
different session formats.  Both of these are download-able forms along with the
proposal form itself.

2007 Program Committee Co-Chairs
Nicky Ladkin Assistant Director
The Museum of Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX

Jenny Yearous, Curator of Collections Management
State Historical Society of North Dakota
Bismarck, ND

You can also request a proposal form by responding to this email or
contacting MPMA at the information below.
MPMA's Annual Conference in 2007 is in Fargo, North Dakota, September
10-14th.

Come learn the latest trends in technology for Museums.

Ya, sure ya betcha

MPMA: A Ten-state museum network
MPMA is the professional service provider to museums in ten states: Colorado,
Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota,
Texas and Wyoming.
For more information
Click here: Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA)

Mountain-Plains Museums Association
7110 West David Drive
Littleton, Colorado 80128-5404
303-979-9358 / fax 303-979-3553 http://www.mpma.net/