New England Museum Association 2007 Conference—What Makes the Museum

Mark you calendars to join us for this year’s NEMA Annual Conference in Portland, Maine, November 7-9, 2007. For the theme of the 2007 conference, we return to the core of the museum mission. For many of us, collecting and preserving material objects is what sets museums apart. Museums are also defined by the direct contact they provide with objects, images and ideas, and by the social experience they offer. Museums’ commitment to education rounds out their mission to operate in the public trust. Joins us in Portland and deepen your understanding of our collective mission; learn how to improve upon what we do; and explore new ways of demonstrating to your audiences, donors and the general public What Makes the Museum.

Session proposals are due February 1, 2007. For more information please visit http://www.nemanet.org/conf07.html  to complete a proposal form online. Proposals will be reviewed in March and notifications will be sent in early April.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!