From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jyue Tyan Low
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 12:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Are you a user of RFID and Barcoding?

Dear all,

We are the custodian of 3 national museums' collections thus managed quite a substantial amt of artefacts/works of art. We are exploring the use of electronic inventory system (RFID or barcoding specifically).

The Registrars are seriously trying to gather inputs from users of such electronic inventory system to decide if we should go on this route and justify the investment, if we are.

I would like to find out from users (of these technologies in particular) on their experiences in employing RFID or barcoding.

I did a search in the Discussion Archives and found some useful info and contacts, but thought of getting in touch with users to ask some more specific questions.

If you are a user of RFID or Bar-coding in your museum/institution and is willing to help us, could you pls be so kind to drop me a note.

I have some questions (hopefully simple enough) which I'll email you, which require you to tell us some of your experiences when using these technologies.

Thank you, look forward to hear from you :)

Best,
Tyan
Heritage Conservation Centre
National Heritage Board