What is happening is that the acetone in the topcoat is simply dissolving the bottom coat. Adding more acetone simply makes it a better solvent. The best thing to do is use B67 for your topcoat. It is dissolved in naphtha, which will not dissolve the B72.

Hoping this is helpful,

Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110

Featured Events and Exhibits:
Civil War Lantern Tour - Saturday, November 4, Tours at 6, 7, 8 & 9 p.m.
Exhibits Alive: Toys and Games of the 1930s - Saturday, November 18, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Homemade Holiday Fun - Saturday, December 9, 1-4 p.m.
Charlotte Neighborhoods: Plaza-Midwood, Now through February 11, 2007
Personal Legacies: Surviving the Great Depression, Now through June 24, 2007
Stay updated on Museum events and enjoy special promotions by joining our Email Club!