Kenneth D. Mark
Director of the Oakes Museum

Messiah College
One College Ave. Box 3029
Grantham, PA 17055

Telephone: 717-691-6082
FAX: 717-691-6046
Email: [log in to unmask]

>>> Joan Goodbody <[log in to unmask]> 09/18/06 9:58 AM >>>
Another consideration is that if they have a lot of age, they are probably loaded with arsenic and you should only handle with gloves on.  I cannot remember the year that this practice was stopped but for many years a fine layer of arsenic was put onto the skins to preserve them.  If they cannot be sold, have you thought of giving them to a museum that could use them and knows how to store and handle them?  Just some thoughts.  Joan Goodbody, Now a librarian, was a museum curator.  MTU. Houghton, MI