I think the sending of the poem in itself was unfair to us Americans who
were shaken up by the events of that unforgettable day.
We have all heard of the horrific things that have occurred thru-out
history.
Genocide, slavery, holy war, bizarre events that leave us speechless and at
times questioning our own beliefs.
We are taught about these moments in school, we read about them, we study
them, some of us even know people who have survived those awful occurrences.
Many of you on the museum list even have exhibits cataloging such events.
That in itself is a way of offering remembrance and respect to those who
have experienced such. What I interpreted from that poem was that the person
who wrote it seems to feel that 9/11 was not as meaningful an event as those
I mentioned, therefore it seems too cruel to post. Especially on a day like
today.
We, as Americans, must always remember the day that our security was
breeched. The day we were all faced with the horror & realization that what
we watch on the news day after day isnıt only happening in other countries.
On September 11th that reality knocked on our front doorsteps and woke us up
from our pleasant slumber.
As a New Yorker I can honestly say that the silence that overcame my city on
9/11 and the days that followed... was deafening. Anyone who was here, will
know exactly what Iım talking about.

Kindly,

--
Tammy Espaillat