No, it's not my habit to promote TV shows.  I do, however, buy one edition of TV Guide each year, the fall preview edition, and then use it to determine which new shows may be of interest.  I found one that could be of interest--maybe even concern--to the list.

It's called Smith and premieres on CBS on the 19th at 10 p.m. in all time US time zones except central, where it appears at 9.  Here's where it piqued my curiousity:

"The Stevens family has a two-story house in the burbs, a couple of cars in the garage and two healthy kids.  Hope works for a dentist, and Bobby's in sales (paper cups to be precise).  They're just your normal American family living quiet lives.  Except for those occasions when he lies about a business trip, switches cars and clotehs, grabs a gun or two from his secret arsenal and breaks into a museum to steal a few iconic paintings.  The feds, who have been chasing him for years know him only as "Smith"."

It's got several big names in the cast, which includes:  Amy Smart, Jonny Lee Miller, Simon Baker, Franky G, Shohreh Aghadashloo, Virginia Madsen, and Ray Liotta.  So, people may watch it just for the stars.

But think about it.  A show about people who steal things from museums (apparently that's not all he steals, but that's a good/bad start).  How many institutions are going to have to be on the look out for copy cats?

Indigo Nights
[log in to unmask] ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: