De : Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] De la part
de L. Rosenow
Envoyé : 5 septembre, 2006 13:32
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : [MUSEUM-L] Fish Car Exhibits

Hello All,

The Mid-Continent Railway Museum in Wisconsin is currently preparing to
restore a railcar that was previously owned by the DNR and used to transport
fish throughout the state to different hatcheries. I am hoping to identify
and contact other museums, historical societies or any other groups that may
have exhibits related to "Fish Cars" used elsewhere in the country.

Currently, I am aware of only two institutions that have exhibits and have
either partially or completely recreated similar railcars... The DC Booth
Fish Hatchery Museum in Spearfish, South Dakota and the Oden Fish Hatchery
Visitor Center in Michigan. I have heard rumors that there may also be an
exhibit in Pennsylvania, but I have yet to track it down.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to contact me
on list or off list at the email address listed below.

Thanks!

Leah

http://www.midcontinent.org/collectn/woodpas/wfc2.html

And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of
loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us
enslave something in us. Kahlil Gibran

  _____

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt
=39666/*http:/messenger.yahoo.com>  rates starting at 1¢/min.
Subscriber Information:

The
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt
=39666/*http:/messenger.yahoo.com>  Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

If
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt
=39666/*http:/messenger.yahoo.com>  you decide to leave Museum-L, please
send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of
the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).