Does anyone here have museum experience working with glass matte
paintings (i.e. those used to create visual effects on film), or know
someone who does?  We naturally have a very large number of these works
in our collection, and in them we see wonderful potential for a museum
exhibition, if only we knew how to adequately address several issues
stemming from their extreme fragility, their sheer size, etc.  I know
that MoMA organized an Alfred Hitchcock exhibition in 1999 that included
a glass matte painting from (I think) The Birds.  Has anyone ever
attended another exhibition that featured this type of work?  I am
hoping that by putting out feelers I can identify people to speak with
regarding the display and, in particular, the safe transportation of
such artifacts.  Any leads HUGELY appreciated!

Best wishes,

Claudia Kishler Rice

Registrar, Archives

Skywalker Ranch