Hello Oh-wise-ones!

My director has asked me to look into getting a set up to take photographs of our collections. We already have a copy stand we use for small items, but we need to put together a system for taking photographs of our ethnographic materials (clothing , paintings, baskets, moccasins, wood panels, etc.).

What do you folks use in terms of lights and/or umbrellas for diffusing light, backgrounds, or anything else?

Is there anything I should make sure I am aware of before purchasing equipment?

Best,

Karen

Karen O'Brien

Collection Manager

Museum of Anthropology, University of Michigan

1109 Geddes Ave.

Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079

734-764-6299