For many entry level museum jobs it is more hands-on experience and who you
know that will get you the job rather than your specific degree.  Having
museum studies training often helps, but I have found that the classroom
experience is very different from the real world.  Look for a program that
offers some internship/real-world experience along with classroom study.
The University of Denver offers a museum studies certificate in conjunction
with either an art history or anthropology masters program.  They have a
great working relationship with some of the local museums, especially the
Denver Art Museum, and many of the DAMıs curators are adjunct professors.
Having gone through both an undergraduate program in pre-conservation and a
masterıs program in art history there, it was the contacts I made more than
the degree (although Iım sure that helped too) that got me my first job, and
led to others.

Angela Steinmetz
Registrar, Department of Anthropology
The Field Museum