Hi Melissa,

I have had the pleasure of changing 20 year old UV film at some of our historic sites window displays.  Some of the time the UV film  just peeled off, leaving the adhesive on the window which then needed to be scraped off.  Other times the film had to be peeled off with razor blades, then the removal of the adhesive had to take place.  The adhesive residue that was left on our windows had a very solvent like smell to it, so if that is the case I suggest to wear a respirator, I also has the fan on to pull the smell out of the windows.  Spraying a bit of water on the adhesive help lubricate the razor blade making it easier to remove.  Then the window was cleaned and new UV was put up.  Depending on the size  it would take me about 1- 1/2 hours to remove, clean and put up the film in one window.  We ordered our film from Clear EZ Bond Window Film from Solar Screens in Ontario.  [log in to unmask] Phone Number: 1-905-738-5020,Fax Number:  1-416-233-8735

Hope this information helps

Alanna Horejda
Conservation Assistant
Parks Canada