Dinosaur Field School Blog On-line

FYI: For the paleontologist in all of us….

Have you ever wanted to be a paleontologist? Do you just love dinosaurs? I wanted to forward this to all of you just to get a taste for what it's REALLY all about.

Cincinnati Museum Center's Dinosaur Field School, now in its seventh year, calls the northwestern flank of the Bighorn Mountains in south-central Montana its home. For the first time, join vertebrate paleontologist Dr. Glenn Storrs in the Dinosaur Field School Blog at http://cincymuseum.blogspot.com. Dr. Storrs, museum preparator Mason Milam, volunteers and trip participants will try to keep you updated on just what paleontological field work is actually like. We hope to provide postings and photos that document our progress as we work to uncover and collect dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic, specimens that are approximately 140 millions years old. This is a real research project, not merely a tourist opportunity, so everyone pitches in and learns by doing. As it's a real project, conditions are real too. The 2006 Dinosaur Field School is running from late-July until mid-August.

Jason A. Dennison
Manager, Educational Initiatives
Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45203     USA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Voice: +1 (513) 763-2315
Toll Free: (800) 733-2077 x2315
Mobile: +1 (513) 377-1585
IP Video: 66.42.138.61

İş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİİş°¨¨°şİ

Are you eager for some family entertainment? Then check out our summer OMNIMAX duo. BEAVERS explores the remarkable life and habitat of one of nature's greatest engineers. The film follows the story of a family of beavers as they grow, play, build and transform the world around them. Also playing, GREECE: SECRETS OF THE PAST is a sweeping journey back to the Bronze and Golden Ages of ancient Greece. This is Classic OMNIMAX. For information, tickets or to become a member of Cincinnati Museum Center, call (513) 287-7000, (800) 733-2077 or visit www.cincymuseum.org.