Sorry for the quirky title, but most in the US will know that it's time for the second release of The Pirates of the Carrots and Beans (which is what we call it because, when my now 32-year old daughter was a little girl, she couldn't say Carribean, she thought it was carrots and beans, and she didn't like them, so the pirates could have them--the name stuck after all this time).  Anyway, my Florida beau was watching the news last night, and it turns out that the lightening and hurricane type sounds used in the movie were recorded in Florida and purchased from a guy who does this type of audio recordings.

I went to check it out this morning, and the sounds are pretty awesome.  The guy actually sells CDs with the sounds upon them.

So, I got to thinking that his sound effects--he's got a couple of other interesting ones (like old radio type sounds and such)--might be of value to your institutions.  You'd probably have to talk to him about the "commercial" application of his recordings, but they might make a very nice addition to an exhibit you are planning (depending upon the nature thereof).  It could add to the realism.

To check it out, go to http://www.f7sound.com

Indigo Nights
[log in to unmask] ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: