Mold remediation will take place in our building and I'm concerned about the type of chemicals used in the process. The area affected by the mold does not involve the collections, but there are collections located on the floors below this area. The proposed chemicals are:Shockwave(Fungicide-Sanitizer), which will be used as a mist/fog, and IAQ 2500(Fungicide-Mildewstat) and IAQ 6100(Mold Resistant Coating), which will be used directly on the mold itself.

Has anyone ever dealt with these chemicals before or had a similar experience? What type of precautions should I take?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cindy Mackey
Collections Manager