Zero One Design is accepting applications for the 2006.07 Sponsor a Museum program - applications are being accepted until August 30, 2006.  This is the second year for the program after a successful pilot launch with the Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum in Banff, Alberta.

Zero One Design is a design company based out of Victoria, BC. We work exclusively with culture - primarily museums and galleries and count some of the best of these as our clients. We are firm believers in giving back to our community and for the first eight years of existence donated often to a number of institutions. We decided in 2004 that what we really wanted to do, what really put a fire in our belly, was to take a smaller museum or gallery under our wing and help them out with their technological and web needs. We run across too many institutions that have amazing collections, but no money, staff or technological skills to present them in the online world.

We decided to offer our services each year to a Canadian museum or gallery. No charge. Really. We will put this offer out each year in the summer and choose an institution to work with by fall.

What this program offers:

- advice, skills, grunt work to help you either improve or create a website
- assistance with technological issues communications assistance if required (we have an MA in Communications on staff)
- the breadth and depth of our knowledge of museums and galleries and technology gathered over nine years of working in the field, attending and presenting at conferences aimed at culture and technology, reading about culture and often just geeking out about it.
- our charming personalities

What we want:

- no money
- an institution who will work with us to improve what they have - and have a little bit of time to put towards this project
- an institution that is open minded and willing to be cutting edge
- an institution that has passion for technology or will allow our passion for the field to rub off
- any benefits that you offer current sponsors
- A Canadian institution. As a company we aren't limited by geography, so this relationship shouldn't be.
- We also prefer a smaller institution, we most definitely don't want to put any IT people or contractors out of business.

We have had a few museums ask if this is for real … in fact, we get this quite often. It is definitely for real.
We are not out to:

- sell you something you don’t want (a museum asked us if we were with a cell phone company once)
- make a relationship with you for some nefarious reason
- offer to help you and turn around and laugh at you

Information on the program and an online application form can be found here: http://www.zeroonedesign.com/sponsormuseum

Cheers,
David Alexander

Zero One Design Inc.
Tel: 250.885.8665
Fax: 250.388.0390
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: http://www.zeroonedesign.com

Representing Canada's finest cultural institutions from Art Galleries,
Symphonies and Opera Companies to Museums and Sports Centres ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: