Having just witnessed a rather lengthy 'battle' on the archives-L list serv,
I hope that this is dies a natural death quickly.

I deleted the emails without reading them after seeing the subject lines.
Which is what I normally do with what I see that doesn't interest me.
However, after going back and re-examining those emails, it does appear as
we are being sent an unsolicited advertisement. I can't seem to find it, but
I will bet that somewhere in the mechanisms for this listserv it is
explicitly stated that one of the aims is to assist people in finding
employment.but I could be wrong. It was just a guess.

So please, lets not have any advertisements, persona attacks, or other such
behavior.