We have a Samson truck and tractor (the truck is in working condition) in our collection.  Depending on your storage area, you will have to clear it with your fire dept (this is a good pr thing...then they won't question you when they do their inspections either).  They should tell you what you need to "empty" to safely store it.  We sent our truck to the local mechanic and we drained fluids (the fire dept was mostly concerned with the gas and the distributor).  However, we put together a service and maintenance schedule so that the truck can be checked out and kept in "good working condition".  You don't ever want to drain everything and then just let it sit in storage.

Though--it is funny to watch some of the antique car guys balk when you tell them you had to drain everything to store it inside.  They calm down once they find out someone comes to look and work on it every couple months.

Melissa de Bie
Collections Manager
Rock County Historical Society
P.O. Box 8096