From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Maeve Gaynor
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Car storage

Hello, please excuse the cross-posting on listserves.

Does anyone have experience purchasing/storing cars for their museums? My organization has recently purchased one (a lovely 1948 Sheriff's car) and, as this is our first car, we'd appreciate any tips or suggestions. Do we need to register the car as well as transfer the title even though we won't be driving it? Also, we are planning on draining the car of all of its fluids - is this something that most garages can do or do we need to find a specialized company?

Thank you for all of your help!

Maeve

Maeve Gaynor

Registrar/Collections Manager

National Law Enforcement Museum

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund

605 E Street, NW

Washington, DC 20004

p:202.737.7718

f: 202.737.7740