A question popped into my head the other day while undertaking my hour commute to work.

Has anyone ever conducted oral histories for museum staff? I know for myself, I spend hours sifting through boxes of documents from previous Museum Directors, Curators, etc, and while I can get a sense of what they are working on, I can’t get the ideas and thoughts of what they wanted the Museum to be.

In addition to that, aren’t we, as museum folk, helping to create and shape that history that we are also trying to preserve? We’ve also got funny anecdotes about things that have happened…

Thoughts?

Timothy Wade Jr.

International Tennis Hall of Fame Incorporated

194 Bellevue Avenue

Newport, RI 02840

Tel: 401-849-3990 x108

Fax: 401-851-7920