Dear list,

I manage a combined library, archives and special collections in a regional museum.  I am interested in exploring the possibility of establishing a cooperative agreement with a regional university or the state library to add our holdings to their online catalogs.  We are still on a purely analog system (we had an electronic database several years ago, but the institution didn't want to pay for upgrades, etc., so it was done away with).  We have some records in OCLC.

I'm interested in finding out the pros and cons of such an endeavor.  If you've had experience with this type of project, please reply to me off-list.

Thanks,

Rose Krause
Curator of Special Collections
Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture