Make sure you include guidelines as to food, decorations and flowers-how early they can be set up, if there are any restricted or banned items, etc.

Also, your policy should make it clear whether their rental includes any museum programming or use of the museum proper beyond the event facility space(s).

Will you provide them with a list of acceptable caterers and event rental suppliers?  You might consider developing a "preferred list" of vendors who will accord your facility the proper level of respect.

You should also incorporate an alcohol policy.

Julia Muney Moore

Public Art Administrator

Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN

(317) 875-5500 x230