I don't have an answer to your question. But I do have to  make a point about wrapping objects in bubble wrap.
The posts so far have all mentioned the damage the bubbles produce. I was always taught that the correct way
to use bubble wrap was to ALWAYS have the bubbles on the OUTSIDE when wrapping an object. I don't
mean to preach, but it's one of those packing no-no's I've taught for years.
T.G.I.F.
Jerry Fahey
Exhibits Designer
The University Museum
S.I.U.E.

Amanda Thompson Dyer wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Jim:

I don't know if this helps you or not, but your query reminded me of something I saw on a recent episode of Antiques Roadshow on PBS.  Someone brought in an beautiful Renaissance oil on a wooden panel that had been sent for conservation several years back.  The camera clearly showed circular impressions left by bubble wrap that was used to wrap the painting for it's return shipment to the owner, after the conservation work.  Ouch!!

Good luck in your search for info!

Amanda Thompson Dyer
Curator
Bell County Museum