From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Susan Fletcher
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Reproductions of buildings in exhibit halls

Dear Colleagues,

I am designing a temporary exhibit for the biannual convention of the
denomination that runs my university. The denomination is celebrating the
centennial of its first General Assembly. The general overseer wants me to
include a full-scale replication of the first house in which the assembly
met. I am considering several options all the way from the full reproduction
to simply having a façade and a few interior walls.

Does anyone have any advice on installing replications of buildings inside
exhibition halls? I would like to know about the technical aspects of
construction including whether or not to put a ceiling on the rooms. I am
also interested in how visitors interact with such reproductions. Do they
tend to shy away from these structures or do they embrace them? I would
appreciate any tips or stories you can share. Feel free to respond off the
list if you like.

Thanks!

Susan A. Fletcher

Archivist