We are piloting a ‘Toddler Tour’ at our museum this summer.  Because our docent-led tours are not available for children under 5, we wanted to find a way to include and cater to our younger guests.  This tour is meant to be a time where mothers/fathers/guardians/siblings can take a guided tour through our collection with their children.  Our goal is to bring the art down to toddler level by highlighting colors, shapes and other basic principles.  The tour will also include time in our hands-on gallery and an activity in our studio.

Has anyone done or developed a tour similar to this?  If so, what aspects did you focus on?  Did you find the tour to be successful?  Did you encounter any hurdles?  I would appreciate any suggestions or warnings.  Please respond to [log in to unmask].

Thank you.

Hillary K. Steinwinder

Youth and Family Programs Coordinator

The Columbus Museum

706.748.2562 ext. 36

www.columbusmuseum.com

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: