March 24, 2006

  Security Officer
  (Role Title: Security Officer I)

  Salary Range: Pay Band 1                                                                                                         Location: Martinsville, VA
  Minimum Starting Pay Range:  $14,212-$18,026

  Position #00072

  An exceptional job opportunity with the Virginia Museum of Natural History is now available.  The mission of the Virginia Museum of Natural History is to interpret Virginia’s natural heritage within a global context in ways that are relevant to all the citizens of the Commonwealth.  Located in beautiful southside Virginia, we are building a new museum facility slated to open in 2006.  If you meet the qualifications for Security Officer, we invite you to apply to join VMNH at this exciting time.

  As Security Officer, you will be responsible for opening and closing the museum and setting, de-energizing, and monitoring our security and alarm systems.  You will perform patrols of the interior and exterior of the museum.  You will also be responsible for maintaining orderly and secure conditions within the museum and on the museum grounds.  In addition, you will maintain logs and incident reports.  Also, you will assist Buildings and Grounds and Visitor Services staff as needed.

  To apply, submit a completed Commonwealth of Virginia Employment Application via email at [log in to unmask], fax to 276-632-6487 or mail to Human Resources, 1001 Douglas Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112.  Download a state employment application at: http://jobs.virginia.gov.  Applications must be received in our office by 5 p.m. April 7, 2006.

  We are an equal opportunity employer.  All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.  The successful applicant must furnish proof of identity and employment eligibility and is subject to a background check.

Blab-away for as little as 1˘/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.