I am posting this for a colleague.  Please respond to her contact information at the end of this email.  Thanks!

  REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FROM SMALL MUSEUMS USING COMMITTEES

  In April of 2006, I will be on an AAM panel at the 2006 Annual Meeting in Boston; it is entitled “Extending the Reach of Small Museums Using Committee and Collaboration.”  I will represent Smith’s Castle as the volunteer Chair of the Collections Committee, even though I work for a larger organization.  I am interested in finding out how many small museums (budgets under $350,000 and small staffs of 1-5 people) use volunteer committees to work on special projects, collections, education, grounds, development, exhibition, etc.  I’d like to know if your committees work well together, what types of projects are involved, any problems such as absenteeism, resolutions of projects – in short, everything that can be discussed conveniently in 15-20 minutes!  Also, how does the administrator (either volunteer or paid staff) work with the committees.  If you have a slide or photograph of a committee working together, also please contact me; I am looking to make this a slide presentation with
 several organization’s working committees represented.

  I published this article in NEMA News for the last issue and have had no responses.  A Vermont/New Hampshire listserve netted three responses.  I truly do need more!

  A “thank you” in advance from Linda Eppich, Chair of the AAM Curators Committee.  Email me at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]  Let me know if there is a slide/photograph available, and I will send my address to you.  The slide/photograph would be returned.

  C i n n a m o n  C a t l i n - L e g u t k o

  - Director, General Lew Wallace Study & Museum
  www.ben-hur.com

  - Principal, The LCL Company
  www.theLCLcompany.com