**********************
From: Margaret Westfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Feb 27, 2006

After being told that the City of Margate will no longer carry Lucy the
Elephant on their municipal insurance policy after doing so for 35 years
(despite it being City-owned property), the Save Lucy Committee is
seeking the history community's help in identifying a source for
insuring the building (not the collections) for replacement cost. Since
that figure has been estimated at nearly $5 million, the only quote
they've been able to obtain is for $32,000 per year. (!)

Thank you,
Margaret Westfield, Historic Architect
on behalf of the Save Lucy Committee, Inc.