Lisa,

This sounds like a wonderful project! As far as suggestions...the only thing I can think of is to have the adult participants research (with assistance if need be) and verify the facts that they're recalling.

From what I am gathering from some other responses, there are concerns about presenting misconstrued facts, etc. and perpetuating information that is incorrect. I'm also certain that the participants would appreciate learning of things that perhaps they were only vaguely familiar with at some point.

So what I'd also like to see in your proposal is more emphasis on adult learning. Although that is inherent in the work that they will be doing, it would be great to promote this primarily as an educational opportunity for the participants. If I were writing or reviewing this as a proposal for a grant, I would definitely want to see this. The resulting interpretive information for the community is secondary to the learning activities.

Often, the facts I obtain from oral histories I've learned of from CCC Alumni aren't necessarily wrong/inaccurate...but they are 60+ year old memories of experiences and facts from CCC enrollees, of whom were teenagers at the time. I'm always trying to research supportive documents to verify/clarify the information I'm being told.

The alumni are very appreciative and interested in learning about more facts about the CCC program. They do want to see their legacy portrayed accurately.

For your pilot project, this would be a great opportunity to provide the participants with basic interpretive training, resources for learning about museology, documentation, etc. This is a great opportunity to find out what they would like to learn about, etc.

I love your proposal and am certain it will be a success. Good work!

Pam