I would call the History Channel as they are interested in such things.  A prior investigation revealed that one of these things costs the subject 50% of the cost, but I don't know what the parameters are now.
Alexandra Rollins
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Victoria Hughes
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:32 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] making a documentary film

Hello,

We are preparing to dismantle and rebuild a stone wall of a house built in 1721, a project funded in part by Save America’s Treasures.  There has been talk about making a documentary of the process – and I have been asked to explore costs, procedure, potential contacts, etc.  But this is a completely new world for me and time is running short.  Does anyone have suggestions about where to start?  The museum is located in New Paltz, NY and the construction project is scheduled to start this spring.

Thanks for your advice,

Victoria

Victoria Hughes

Curator of Education