  From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of David E. Haberstich
  Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:30 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: The Bookkeeper and the Cuhna Cocktail

  In a message dated 2/23/2006 4:52:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
    That may explain the name "Bookeeper."  More likely to be used for books
than
    other materials for which there are "cheaper" methods for preservation.
And
    sorry 'bout the extra K in my first post--what can I say?  It must have
been
    the spellcheck!

  So I'm confused.  Is the correct brand name "Bookeeper" or "Bookkeeper"?
I'm not familiar with the product, so I really don't know.  If "Bookeeper"
with a single K is the actual name of the stuff, I think the manufacturer
goofed.  "Bookkeeper" with two K's, the name of a traditional occupation,
would make more sense.  It seems to me that a bookeeper would be a keeper of
boos--possibly a good name for a Hallowe'en costume outfitter.  Just
wondering...

  David "Boozekeeper" Haberstich
Subscriber Information:
  The Museum-L FAQ file is located at