I am in the process of cleaning several objects, which will then be placed
in a just-cleaned display case. All of these objects are soiled and have  been
subjected to poor environmental conditions..a baseball uniform has several
holes from mice, and I did find droppings on it.

Because most of these objects are in a deteriorated condition, I will only
be using the least invasive methods for cleaning. Still, I would like to do
whatever I can to make them as clean as possible and protect them from further
deterioration. I do have Orvis textile wash, metal cleaner and Cellugel,  the
latter for which I'm concerned may discolor the leather..so I'll be testing
small areas.

I would appreciate any recommendations you may have. I've vacuumed all of
the objects and intend on gently cleaning them with a soft, damp cloth (water
only). These are the objects and the conditions:

Baseball uniform, 1930's made in Boston for the CCC. Army issued, wool. Has
lettering and bakelite buttons. As previously mentioned, there are several
holes. Heavily soiled and has a rust-colored water stain. The uniform was
previously displayed on a mannequin in a damp room. This is a rare item and is  the
only known remaining from the 'Camp Fernow' baseball team. Needs
restoration. Once cleaned, the uniform will be folded appropriately to exhibit  detail,
while the deteriorated section will be 'hidden'. should I 'spot clean'  the
stain with diluted Orvis wash?

Wool baseball cap. The 'cap' has disintegrated while displayed on the head
of a mannequin. The visor, band and letter are intact. This is the cap that
was donated along with the uniform. I will order a ph neutral box and paper to
store this cap in.

Wool baseball cap w/leather band. Heavily soiled and exhibits existing and
past mold staining.

Leather baseball cleats, 1940's. Heavily soiled and misshapen. Cleats are
rusted. Laces have been removed (soaking in the sink right now)..are not
original. Where can I find laces from that time period?

Leather shin guards. Good condition, soiled. The interior batting/padding
has fallen out of one.

2 pairs of worn leather boxing gloves. Good condition - soiled. Should I
remove the laces and wash them?

Leather pitcher's mask, 1930's. Good condition, soiled. Some rust on the
metal.

Baseball, leather 1940's. Heavily soiled.

A few leather baseball gloves including a catcher's mitt. Overall good
condition though soiled.

I appreciate, and thank you in advance for any suggestions you may be able
to provide me with.

Pam