From: Linda Norris <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 15:55:13 -0500
Subject: museum partnerships

A local family has an interest in maintaining a historic farmstead and is considering becoming a non-profit museum. However, they are also interested in exploring possible ways in which a for-profit entity (the family itself) could operate in partnership with a non-profit entity, that perhaps might own and care for the collection. There are of course, many complications and it may or may not be an idea worth pursuing for them. Off the top of my head, I'm unable to think of any examples of such partnerships and wanted to see if museum colleagues had any examples to point me too. Ideas and examples?

Thanks for your help.
Linda Norris
Riverhill
www.riverhillpartners.com