Please excuse this post for an upcoming conference. It is not
directly for a museum but our organization has been doing research on
our local area on this topic and in the process discovered an unknown
UGRR site and we are seeking to tourn it into a house museum on the
UGRR. This conference is part of a collection of programs our group
does as we work toward a musem. It will continue as an important part
of our education program. We feel this conference is an outstanding
one. We would love to have you attend! Thanks.

  -Paul Stewart

  The Underground Railroad History Project of the (New York) Capital
Region, Inc.

  "The Underground Railroad: Connecting Pathways To Liberty"

  A Conference On The Underground Railroad Movement In New York State
(For more information and to register:
www.ugrworkshop.com/conference[1]

  Friday, Saturday, Sunday - February 24, 25, 26, 2006 To be held at
Russell Sage College in Troy, New York

  Featuring Speakers: David Blight, PhD - Director of the Gilder
Lehrman Center for the
Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition of Yale University

  and

  Erica Ball, PhD - Assistant Professor of History at Union College
in Schenectady

  ( See their photos at www.ugrworkshop.com/conference[2] )

  and

  Earl White - The leading, and award winning, African American Old
Time and Appalachian fiddle player in the country featuring music in
the spirit of Solomon Northup

  and

  a tour of Troy Underground Railroad sites and features

  and

  35 workshops featuring young people, teachers, scholars, musicians,
drummers, dancers, archeologists, historians, and independent
researchers...including...

  Mayeesa Mitchell, student presenter Amy Murrell Taylor, Assistant
Professor of History, SUNYA Don Papson, Vivian Papson, Rev. Fred Shaw,
independent researchers
and re-enactors
Students from New Covenant Charter School, Albany
Dr. Elaine Hadley, Empire State College Neil B. Yetwin, independent
researcher and educator Stephen Marc, Prof. of Art, Arizona State Univ
Fergus Bordewich, author
Binod Sundararajan, Doctoral Candidate, Literature and Communication,
RPI  Greg Mosley, Music artist, Operation Unite Education and Cultural
Arts Center Julia Killey, Meghan Vacca, Zippy Gilmore, Alexandra
Ktenas, Regina
Morgan, RSC Student presenters
Prof. Jennifer Ball, Adjunct Professor, Russell Sage College
Vibetta Sanders, clinical social worker, school administrator,
multi-cultural consultant, independent researcher Dr. Mary Nell
Morgan-Brown, Associate Professor, Empire State College
Norman K. Dann, Prof. Emeritus of Social Sciences, Morrisville State
College Maren Stein, Assoc. Prof. Emeritus, Russell Sage College Billie
Luisi-Potts, Executive Dir., National Women’s Hall of Fame
Walter Gable, Seneca County Historian
Dr. Milton Sernett, Professor Emeritus, Syracuse University Harry
Bradshaw Matthews, Associate Dean and Director, US Pluralism
Programs; Executive Director, USCT Institute Wanda Webster, Artistic
Director, UGR Players Elena Mosley, Dance artist, Operation Unite
Education and Cultural
Arts Center Hugh C. Humphreys, retired Madison County judge and adjunct
professor
at Syracuse University Jane Williamson, Director, Rokeby Museum Scott
Christianson, researcher and author Kevin Cottrell & Jessica Thrope,
co-owners, Mo Better Buffalo Robert K. Wallace, Regents Prof., Northern
Kentucky Univ.
April L. Harris, Adjunct Faculty, Sonoma State Univ., Syracuse Univ.
Clifford Oliver, independent researcher, artistic photographer Nancy
Marie Payne, storyteller Lisa Anderson, Bioarcheologist
Corey McQuinn, archeologist Cordell Reaves, Heritage NY Paul Stewart,
URHPCR Edward Shaughnessy, Prof. of Sociology and Law, John Jay College,
CUNY Oscar Williams, Asst. Prof., Africana Studies, SUNYA Sheri
Jackson, Northeast Regional Coordinator, National Park Service
Network to Freedom Program Donald Hyman, educator, writer, actor,
singer Steve Tyson, independent researcher Amy Godine, independent
scholar, curator, and author

Organized by Underground Railroad History Project of the Capital
Region, Inc., dedicated to researching, celebrating, and preserving
the Capital Region’s Underground Railroad story, with an emphasis on
African-American Abolitionists and Freedom Seekers.

  URHPCR, Inc. - P.O. Box 10851 - Albany, New York 12201 - (518)
432-4432 - www.ugrworkshop.com[3]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.ugrworkshop.com/conference