The University Of Iowa Museum of Art utilizes a transparent donation box at the main entrance of the museum. It is the first thing visitor’s see when they come in and last thing when they leave.

_______________________________________

Kenneth F. Friedhoff, CIPM

University of Iowa Department of Public Safety

Facility Manager - Museum of Art

150 N. Riverside Dr.

Iowa City, IA 52242-1789

319-335-1741 Office

319-335-3677 Fax

319-936-5966 Cell

http://www.uiowa.edu/~pubsfty/

http://www.uiowa.edu/uima/

I work in a gallery located on a University campus within one of the

academic college buildings (we do not have our own separate building).  I

have been frequently asked when giving tours if we accept donations, which

of course we do but simply do not have a formal station in the gallery to

receive them.  I am planning on redesigning my registration stand/brochure

rack and hoping to incorporate a donation area with envelopes and a slotted

locked space (not clear acrylic, so no one could see how many donations

have been made that day).  The Dean of the College has apprehensions about

this and is afraid it will look tacky.  I reminded him that the other

galleries associated with the University have donation boxes by the door

and I am doing this in response to visitor queries, but he is not

sufficiently reassured.  I wonder if any of you could offer opinions or

information that would back my assertions.

Thanks, as always, for your fabulous help.

Amber

Amber Mohr

Curator/Collections Manager

The Kruger Collection

University of Nebraska

133 Architecture Hall

Lincoln, NE 68588-0107

402. 472. 3560

http://krugercollection.unl.edu/

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at

(without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .

You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one

line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message

should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: