Rachel,

We work with the Mid-West Tool Collectors Association quite extensively and they may be a great resource for you (www.mwtca.org).  There is also the Early American Industries Association (http://www.eaiainfo.org/).

I also ran across the website for the Museum of Garden History (UK) when I was doing research on garden shears.  I’ve never contacted them, but they might be a good place to start (http://www.compulink.co.uk/~museumgh/)?

Good luck!

Gretchen M. Goodell

Assistant Curator

George Washington's Mount Vernon