Thanks to all who responded to my question about the photos that I now know to be cyanotypes. (Love this list!!) One final question - someone suggested that light will fade them quickly - they've been stored with photos in a Rubbermaid bin (yes, I know - bad, bad!), but I'd like to preserve them, as they are the only pictures I have of my grandfather.
  Thanks again, and thanks to all the people to whom I have not sent personal e-mails.
  Lee Ann

James Baldwin: Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.