Hi David,

We've used Elo touchscreens for the past 4 years in our museum but are not going to purchase any more hardware from them for precisely the reason you mention.  Third party software is not a great option.  We've done a lot of research and are just about to invest in 6 new Magic Touch LCD screens because they do provide support for Mac OSX.  http://www.magictouch.com/

Good luck,

Wendy Ennes
Teacher Services and e-Learning Coordinator
The Oriental Institute Museum of the University of Chicago
1155 East 58th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

773-834-7606 office
773-702-9853 fax
http://oi.uchicago.edu/OI/MUS/ED/Museum_Ed.html

Just curious who is using Macintosh with Touch Screens. I am developing many
new visitor kiosks using Filemaker Pro, but EloTouch is currently not
supporting the Mac OSX system. I am wondering what other touch screen people
are using.
David