From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of T. Patrick Brennan
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GOOD News about a Museum in Louisiana

Louisiana State Museum to open next month
1/10/2006, 12:55 p.m. CT
The Associated Press
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - After a nine-month delay, the $23 million
Louisiana State Museum will open Feb. 1 as the largest museum in the
state, according to Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu.
The 73,000-square-foot building just south of the state Capitol grounds
was scheduled to open last May but was postponed because of problems
installing lights and displays. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita added more
delays.
Built with state and private contributions, the museum is expected to
draw 150,000 visitors annually. The building was completed in August
2004.
Permanent and temporary exhibits will frame the history and culture of
Louisiana. The museum will present a thematic tour rather than a
chronological treatment of state history. Highlights include a 45-foot
shrimp boat, one of Louis Armstrong's horns and a Civil War submarine.
___
Information from: The Times-Picayune

Patrick
T.Patrick Brennan
Sr. Director of Properties
The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation
1516 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Ga 30309-2916
direct 404.885.7814
fax 404.875.2205