This was so nice to read! I consider (and make sure  that) humor is part of
my life - everyday!

'Humor', and being personable is in accordance with many aspects of museum
work. There are times when telling a joke is not appropriate -depends on the
situation of course. Humor can come in quite handy, needless to say.

Your experience as a one-hit wonder stand up comic was a great moment for
you and I'm sure many in attendance will be able to recall the  laughter too!
Having been a comedic community theater actress many years  ago...the laughter
from the audience was a great thrill - it was very  fulfilling. Personally,
when doing comedy I feel lucky if I can get a chuckle or  two. If you can make
even one person laugh -that's great! If that laughter is  shared by many
more...even better!

The one thing we all have in common is a great deal of passion for our  work.
We're a dedicated lot and many of us are unstoppable. Sprinkling that with  a
little humor here and there is a reminder that we're only human.

Pam

In a message dated 1/12/2006 9:28:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,