From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Sharon Koomler
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: funding for interpretive planning

Hi

About six years ago we received some funding from the New York State
Council on the Arts for interpretive planning. I was not with the Museum
then, but we gathered several consultants to review past exhibition
history, the scope of the collection, and the current direction of the
Museum to more clearly define our interpretive plan. It was a good
exercise and we continue to rely on that plan now.

More recently we received a consultation grant from the National
Endowment for the Humanities to host a roundtable to revisit that
interpretive plan in light of the proposed growth of the Museum. This,
too, was a very instructive and useful project.

I am sure there are other sources, but these are good places to look.

Best,

Sharon Duane Koomler
Director of the Museum
Shaker Museum and Library