Hello,

I'm trying to find information on how to stabilize a deteriorated "crayon portrait" that had severe water damage while it was still in its frame. When the frame was removed the back was moldy and some of the front image layer had peeled or crumbled (it was removed from the frame before it came to me) away, leaving a chalky white surface. I would like to attempt to recreate the lost image but need more information.
Thanks for any assisstance anyone can provide.
Basia