Calls to mind my daughter visiting me in Chattanooga, TN, and her insistance that we go to the Aquarium.  We went, of course, but as many times as she's gone to various museums with me, that was the first time that she noticed a certain habit of mine.

"Mom, what's taking you so long?"

"I'm reading the labels."

"Why are you doing that?"

"So I can figure out where the money is in this town."

"Mom!"

Need I mention that I was managing a collection of historical manuscripts and rare books at the time?  I'd learned donor relations by observation by some exceptional curators.  I'm now in a small town, and I can assure, everyone reads the donor/lender labels.  (So they can compare notes on their antiques?  I'm not being cynical, it's simply reality in a small town!)

Labels?  Gotta have 'em!

Holly
in Virginia