Hi

About six years ago we received some funding from the New York State Council
on the Arts for interpretive planning. I was not with the Museum then, but we
gathered several consultants to review past exhibition history, the scope of
the collection, and the current direction of the Museum to more clearly define
our interpretive plan. It was a good exercise and we continue to rely on that
plan now.

More recently we received a consultation grant from the National Endowment
for the Humanities to host a roundtable to revisit that interpretive plan in
light of the proposed growth of the Museum. This, too, was a very instructive and
useful project.

I am sure there are other sources, but these are good places to look.

Best,

Sharon Duane Koomler
Director of the Museum
Shaker Museum and Library