SSAH Journal 2006 CFP
JOURNAL OF THE SCOTTISH SOCIETY FOR ART HISTORY

VOLUME XI 2006

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 2006 edition of the Journal of the Scottish Society for Art History will be focused on the City of Dundee and will be guest-edited by Matthew Jarron, Curator of Museum Services at the University of Dundee.

There will be two main themes to this special issue:

1)
     Art in Dundee

We welcome any paper exploring the history of art in Dundee. This might be focused on the work of a specific artist (such as McIntosh Patrick, Alberto Morrocco or David Mach) or an artistic group or collaboration (such as the Dundee Graphic Arts Association or Dalziel + Scullion). We are interested in papers on the development of art exhibitions (from the Victoria Galleries to DCA), aspects of art education (from the Watt Institute to Duncan of Jordanstone College), art patronage (Orchar, Boyd et al) or of art publishing (the Beano being the most celebrated example!).
  Some of the papers for this section will be drawn from the conference Art in Dundee 1880-1920 held at the University of Dundee in 2005. We would therefore particularly encourage submissions dealing with subjects outwith this period.

2)      Art History & Research in Dundee

Dundee is now the only University to host a Chair of the History of Scottish Art and has recently established a Centre for the Study of Modern & Contemporary Scottish Art. We are keen to showcase the research work of art historians, curators and artists based in Dundee, whatever your area of interest.

Please send notifications of interest (with, if possible, a 250-300 word abstract) by 31 January 2006 to:

Matthew Jarron
Museum Services
University of Dundee
Dundee DD1 4HN
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

The official deadline for submission of papers is 31 March 2006. Papers should normally be 3000-4500 words plus notes etc, though shorter pieces will be considered. For full contributors' guidelines please visit the SSAH website at
http://www.ssah.org.uk or e-mail [log in to unmask]
--
Dr Ailsa Boyd

Centre for Whistler Studies