Many many moons ago I visited a "Telephone Pioneers Museum" somewhere?
(Kansas City perhaps?)   I did a Google search and couldn't find it, but I did
note this good telephone collector website which loked like it had a good
collection of links to telephone collectors, telephone archives, and telephone
MUSEUMS.

http://telephonecollectors.org/links/links.htm
Good luck - hope this helps.

On a personal note, my family and I are planning a tip to Las Vegas next
spring.   I'm not a gambler, one can only go to so many shows, and the Liberace
Museum isn't my kinda place -- so in seeking out what else there was to do in
Vegas I found your website.    Nice site, and looks like a neat place!    You'll
be seeing us.

- David -
David Lewis, curator
Aurora Regional Fire Museum