Nicolai,

I don't know a lot of museum grant writers who also double as program staff--unless you're looking into small museums where every staff person plays multiple roles for the institution.  I was director of a very small history museum with two full time educators [one for in-house programs, the other for outreach].  I wrote grants, planned public programs, curated and designed exhibit installations, and scrubbed the toilets.

In larger institutions, I think the part of the problem would be having two supervisors--one for development, and one for education.  It probably can be done, but I don't know anyone or anyplace doing it.

I switched to full-time development after several years of museum consulting, and now work for a large urban public library.

Good luck.
Pat McDermott

Hi,
I'm a grant writer, with experience working in museums and schools as an educator.
I'd like to parlay my grant writing skills into a half time educator/grantwriting position.
Is this sort of thing commonly done?

Thanks,
Nicolai

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: